Ohio Level One Food Safety Training
Ohio Person In Charge Food Safety Training Program
(Previously Ohio Level 1 Training)
$14.00 - No Discount Code Needed - Enroll Now!
Our online Ohio Person In Charge food safety certification course focuses on safe food preparation and handling techniques and is intended for anyone that works in food preparation, storage, or service. Upon completion of the course, you are immediately food safety certified and you can print or save your food handler card.
The ODH (Ohio Department of Health) requires that all employees are properly trained in food safety as it relates to their assigned duties.
Ohio Person In Charge Food Safety and Ohio Alcohol Server Combo Package Available, $25.95 Go to Enroll Now
Our online Ohio Person In Charge Food Safety course is an interactive course with full audio narration and engaging real-world scenarios for the best user experience and information retention.
This is a 1.5 hour self-paced course.
Our training course works on all computer devices including: smart phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs. If needed, you can conveniently switch back and forth between your phone (or tablet) and your computer, while taking the course, and you will always be returned to your most recent progress. Once you create an account you can log in from any computer or mobile device and train any time, anywhere.
You have 6 months from enrollment to complete this course. You can log in and out of your training account and your place in the course will be saved.
After successfully completing this course, there is a 14 question multiple choice knowledge assessment at the end. You can immediately print your official Ohio Person In Charge certificate from your own printer.
Our Ohio Person In Charge food safety certification course will teach you the importance of safe food handling as well as how to properly clean and sanitize your establishment.
Our food safety training consists of an introduction, 7 lessons of instruction, and a conclusion. There is a 14 multiple choice knowledge assessment at the end of the course. Below is a detailed course outline of topics covered in the course.
- Introduction to Person in Charge Training
- Importance of Hand Washing
- Proper Hand Washing
- Single-Use Gloves
Personal Health & Hygiene
- Clothing & Attire
- Hair Restraints
- Eating, Drinking & Using Tobacco
- Discharge: Eyes, Nose or Mouth
- Employee Illness
- Work Restrictions & Exclusions
Contamination | Allergies | Temperature
- Preventing Cross Contamination
- Food Contamination
- Physical Contamination
- Chemical Contamination
- Food Allergies
- The Big 8
- Preventing Allergic Reactions to Food
- Sources of Contamination
- Time and Temperature Abuse
Cleaning | Sanitizing Equipment | Utensils
- Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Cleaning & Pre-Cleaning
- Cleaning Frequency
- Heat Sanitizing
- Using Steam
- Chemical Sanitizing
- Chlorine | Iodine | Quat Sanitizers
- Wet Cleaning Methods
- 3 Compartment Sink
- Manual vs. Machine Dishwashing
- Cleaning & Sanitizing Equipment
- Cleaning Frequency
- Dry Cleaning Method
- Training Employees
- Purchasing Food
- Choosing a Food Vendor
- Purchasing Food
- Food Quality
- TCS Food Shipments
- Inspecting Shipments
- Received Food
Proper Cooking, Holding, Cooling & Heating of Foods
- Proper Holding of Foods
- Cold Food Storage
- Cooking Raw Animal Foods
- Cooking and Hot Holding of Plant Foods
- Non-Continuous Cooking of Raw Animal Foods
- Reheating for Hot Holding
- Thawing Frozen Foods
- Cooling Methods
- Hot & Cold Holding of TCS Foods
- Ready-to-eat TCS Foods
- Food Date Marking System
Facilities and Maintenance
- Facilities, Equipment, and Utensils
- Work Areas
- Facility & Work Area Design
- Hand Washing Sinks
- Outdoor Areas
- Water | Sewage | Waste
- Utensil Material & Storing
- 14 Question Multiple Choice Knowledge Assessment.
Certificate of Completion
Your Person In Charge food safety certificate is available to print or save immediately after you complete the course and knowledge assessment. It will be emailed to you. You can also log in to your account at anytime to print or download your certificate.
Your certificate does not expire.
Person In Charge Certification in Food Protection, is a mandatory training for the person in charge per shift of a risk level I, II, III, and IV food service operation or retail food establishment:
- When a new food service operation or a new retail food establishment is licensed after March 1, 2010 unless the individual has successfully completed an equivalent or more comprehensive certification in food protection course (Level Two Certification).
- When a food service operation or retail food establishment has been implicated in a foodborne disease outbreak.
- When the licensor has documented a failure to maintain sanitary conditions as per section 3717.29 of the Revised Code for a retail food establishment or section 3717.49 of the Revised Code for a food service operation.
ODH Approved Training
Our online Ohio Person In Charge Food Safety provider name is Diversys Learning and our provider number is #89-145. Our approval can be found on the Ohio Department of Health website.
Select "Food Certification Person In Charge" and under County, select "Online"